Seamus Campbell wrote:
> is there any way to have a scheduled task do more than one task.
> My situation is this:
> I have a shared hosting space (Windows Servers) with Crystaltech. They only
> allow me 5 scheduled tasks but I have more than 5 sites which each need to
> run a file on a regular interval. (cfschedule is turned off)
>
> At the moment I just run a file in each website (for 5 sites).
>
> Is there another way to do this?
> Ie can I get a scheduled task to run more than one file?
>
> Can I get a file in CF to say "run this file in this directory, then this
> next file in this next directory, etc"
>
> Each task is very long (updating a database) and is actually in a different
> site so can't just do one file then cflocate to the next.

You could use another machine under your control, and then just schedule
the tasks through the windows scheduler (or cron jobs on linux), and
call the pages using something like wget.  I've had good luck with this
for some clients of mine that use shared hosting at HMS.  The cfhttp
calls that Ray talked about are an option, too...but CT may have a hard
limit on process timeouts(HMS does)...and calling multiple files from
one script may put you over the limit.