The first thing I always do is view the XML outside of Spry. Firefox
is especially useful in showing where XML is bad. One of the common
mistakes is not escaping HTML in returned XML. You can use the
XMLFormat function, but even that isn't enough. XMLFormat has a bug
where it lets "bad" MS Office characters out. Again though - Firefox
will notice this and show you the error.