Hmm, that sounds complicated. When you say RB, do you mean CFRB or something
else?

And what are the sub reports for, in other words do they run concurently or
do they take certain reality space? If they take reality space then you
would need to look into a grow option, but my experience with sub reports is
that the sub report defines the space required.

It sounds like that the Report is not designed in the most efficent manner
for what you are trying to achieve.