On 4/15/07, Andrew Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <cfset application.flag = true />
>
> no on its own that can not cause a race condition, but if somewhere else
> there is a read on that variable somewhere then that will cause a race
> condition.

Wrong.

Code can read that variable to its heart's content all over the
application without a race condition.

> Now as this debate is being discussed because of a CFC inside of a session
> scope, there is an extremely high chance that a race condtion is going to
> occur, so as Ben says lock it.

Not necessarily true. You can have a bean in session scope and never
need to lock it. If the operations are *atomic*.

You are just simply refusing to listen to what people are telling you
and you aren't reading the documents closely enough. I don't think you
actually understand what a race condition is...?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood