From: "Les Mizzell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: CF CAPTCHA - need help!

Though I'm using captcha solutions for most of my main clients (and
server side too, thank you), I've been toying around with ideas on a
smaller site or two owned by myself just to see what would happen.

A very simple "Does a cow "moo", "bark", "howl", "mew" or "whistle"?"
question with a blank to write in the correct answer with a simple cfif
after submission to check for the correct response has, for over a
month, stopped 100% of the form spams I was getting. I have an email
alert sent to myself just so I can see what's hitting the form, and it's
10 to 20 bots a day...

For a second test, I've placed a "fake" form in front of the real one
and hidden it with CSS. The form bots fill this one out, and never get
to the real form on the page. It's been 100% effective as well against
10 to 20 bots a day...