I provide just such a service  - unfortunately my web site
dingosms.com is not quite ready but that doesnt stop me providing the
service if you want.

I support sending SMS or MMS (the multi-media version of the 3rd
generation phones) almost instantly to over 540 GSM Networks in 190
countries.

The way it works is you buy credits in advance, and the more you buy
the less they cost each.   A SMS costs 1 credit and a MMS costs 2
credits unless we have a special offer going in which case they might
be 0.75 of a credit for example.   Anyway the more you pay for in
advance, the less they cost per unit.

You send a message in any of a variety of formats to our server and it
gets sent off to the network associated with the recipient's number.
It's as easy as that.   The most cross-system compatible method is to
send an XML packet using cfhttp.   The message whzzes around the world
and arrives at the cell phone as if by magic.   The capacity of the
gateway is up to 5,000 messages a minute, so that covers the vast
majority of SMS applications.

Even though we're Australian, the service is international, and we can
accept any major currency by credit card.

If you want to know more specifics, please contact me.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month