From: Gaulin, Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:56 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Cookies, Session Scope, and the AOL Browser

I have seen where a single visit from an AOL person can come from
different IP addresses.  We use a load balancer with "sticky sessions"
that sends the same IP to the same server (within a given time limit,
and only if that server is up) so that they will get the same session
state on each hit.  When AOL users change IP the load balancer would
sometimes send them to a different server and the session on that server
would not show them as logged in... they end up with two "sessions".
(We don't use any kind of session replication.)

FYI

        Mark