Damn well solved.

What it was was simpler, and its a DOH! moment. The Event Gateway CFC
was under a CF application that was protected, so anytime the
EventGateway wanted to be run, well, it was being redirected (or
something, error log is very hazy on this) so it didn't run.

And that is it. its working, this is why it was working everywhere
else, I had put the directory outside the web root on all other
machines.

MD