> When you send the email are you using the new, autogenerated filename or
> the original?

Whatever name CFFILE uses (auto-generated if a naming conflict or the original
if no conflict)....so CFFILE.serverFile.

  Have you looked at the message source in Outlook to see
> if the filename is being changed at the source level (can you even do
> that in OE?)

Nope....not yet...will be sending myself some test messages shortly

 or inernally within the app's attachmnent handling?

see above...using whatever file name cffile spits back

  You
> could try manually setting the filename yourself, e.g.
> "request_5_file_1_img.jpg" ("request" - request_id - "file" - file_id -
> file type - ext).

Could do...but again....sometimes it is the original file name

 What happens if you upload a file that doesn't have a
> number as the last character of the file's basename (before the
> extension)?

I don't know....but the "ATT00123.jpg" I mentioned before looks like a CF
generated filename (or at least follows the format CF has always used).  That
said, I just checked the uploads dir and there are NO files with a filename
like
that....they are all original file names or names made unique like so:
a.gif, a[1].gif, a[2].gif,a[3].gif and so on.  So I don;'t know where the heck
that "ATT..." filename is coming from (unless Outlook is making it up....or a
virus scanner is interfering....hey now that could be it).

Keep 'em comin folks ;-)

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.
VP & Director of E-Commerce Development
Electric Edge Systems Group Inc.
phone: 250.480.0642
fax: 250.480.1264
cell: 250.920.8830
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.electricedgesystems.com

Notice:
This message, including any attachments, is confidential and may contain
information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure. It is intended
only for the person to whom it is addressed unless expressly authorized
otherwise by the sender. If you are not an authorized recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently destroy all copies of this
message and attachments.