> First question, which is better, wraping an entire .cfm file
> with a CFOUTPUT, or only using the tags where you need them
> in the docutment?  Whichever answer, why?  And finaly, other
> then the fact that CF won't accept nested CFOUTPUTs with
> different queries, why won't it?

First, whenever there's a "which is better" question, you should keep in
mind that there's unlikely to be a single correct answer. There are
different ways to measure "better", such as ease of maintenance or
performance, and even if you choose one or the other, there are cases where
one way of doing things might be better in one case, while another way might
be better somewhere else. That said, if I had to pick one of those two
choices without knowing anything else, I'd use the tags where they're needed
in the document, because generally that would work better in the majority of
cases.

As to why CF doesn't like nested CFOUTPUTs except in specific cases, that's
just the way the language was written.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net