Mike thanks for your insight.  I will check on this and make sure my
bank isnt balking at our checks.

~Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:12
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Printing Checks

I woudl strongly urge you to go to you bank's it department and ask
them to get you a Glarden gauge.   it is a plastic overlay that shows
you the tolerances for the MICR line

If you dont get the MICR line in the right place.  - to 100th of an inch
the bank will sooner or later start charging you for re-encoding the
checks on the back

 few checks they wont charge you extra.  but if they start finding that
every one of your checks has to be re-encoded they will charge ytou.

last time i saw this in the US banking system, the bank charged the
client $15/check to encourage them to have the MICR line properly
encoded

in austrlia the banks simply refuse to process the checks unless they
are pre-approved by the processing branch of hte bank.

The GLarden gauge is what yo uuse to verify your MICR characters are in
precisely th right place.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from
AUD$15/month