> Writing to the db.  As robust as your db is.  Nobody loves a
> thing that executes a db read and write at every page
> request, but at least there are no vultures circling your
> server when you do it this way. The problems you will cause
> will be manageable, one way or the other.

Unless you need to track the system-generated Client variables (hitcount,
lastvisit), you can avoid an update for each page that doesn't otherwise
change Client variables by disabling the appropriate option in the CF
Administrator.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net