T Lux wrote:
> No, the error happens before any code is run. Tracking down the issue
> with IEHTTPHeaders as well as Etheral running on the server itself,
> it seems that for some reason CF was not receiving the packets either
> in the right order or malformed or ... most likely something in the
> network config that is screwing it up, but Firefox never seemed to
> give us the problem. Maybe Firefox resends malformed packets and IE
> doesnt? Not really sure. But this is definitely not a coding issue --
> it is happening at the browser/network layer. *shrug*

For what its worth, an application of mine just started receiving this
same error. I just tracked down the customer machine that is causing the
error and I'm asking the client to get ahold of that customer in an
effort to figure out what all is going on. From the headers it seems
that its IE 6. The only oddity I see in the useragent string is that the
customer has InfoPath installed, which seems to be a MS product for
dealing with forms in your browser
(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/infopath/FX100487661033.aspx). I
suppose that could be a source of malformed requests. Beyond that, the
request that we are dealing with is a timed XmlHTTPRequest Post of an
xml string. Doesn't seem to cause problems anywhere else, just this one
browser.

Oh and for posterities sake, when looking at Ethereal, the cause of the
500 Error seems to be TCP Checksum Incorrect errors. So that makes me
start thinking network issues between the client and then server.

Thats all I have to go on so far. Hope this helps someone out.

Judah