>>1. The error is happening on a page that is *likely* to throw an error

This is the kind of situation you get when you are still developing,
testing and debugging
your application, I have no problem with that, and I have plenty of tools
and techniques to deal with it.

 >>2. The error is happening randomly and is not easily repeatable. In this
case, yes, you cannot use a try/catch block (well, you can, but not
simply for debugging sessions if the error cannot be reproduced).

This is it. When you have an error in some template, after weeks of
operation
with no trouble, sometimes, something special happens, some rare case you
didn't think was possible, you can't even reproduce the problem, so
it is out of question to track the problem with try/catch or anything.
You just need as much information as you can, to understand what the user
has done exactly, which different templates and forms he has been
through, etc.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;