From: Tom G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 3:41 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Check database connections

>Well.. for SQL server...
>
>Do you have access to the database server?  You can use a perfmon to
see
>current connections.
>
>Also, for SQL 2000 you can use Enterprise Manager (Management - Current
>Activity) and for SQL 2005 you can use SQL studio.
>
>Jacob

No, we don't have access to the database server (for SQL Server).  I was
trying to find a way to check the number of connections through CF
somehow.  Haven't had much luck with that search.

How about checking connections to an Oracle database?  This SQL Server
database is going to migrate to Oracle sometime in the near future.
Plus, we have our own Oracle database (the SQL Server database is owned
by an outside vendor and we just read from it).  So if I can figure out
how to check connections to an Oracle database I'll feel like I've made
some progress.  Thanks.