Sean (or anyone else!),

In a post "Which Framework do you use", You said "Mostly the frameworks
are all designed to manages requests and data on a single server. I
never use client variables (and I've only ever worked on clustered CFMX
Enterprise systems)."  May I ask how you maintain session state? I need
to take into account users behind multiple proxies (AOL), and from what
I have read you can either include link tokens in every single link /
form post on your site, you can save data to a cookie (which is not 100%
reliable or secure), or you can use a combination of a url token and
client variables stored in a shared database file between all the
servers.  What works best for you?  Are you using the built in cluster
capability in Coldfusion, or a hardware device?

Also, I have been trying to find out how effective cflock is in a
clustered environment. Looking at the cflock tag, the name of the lock
and the scope are mutually exclusive. I was rather hoping I could name a
lock in the client scope (which would be shared between the servers, so
the others would wait for the lock to release).  How do you ensure that
2 different servers don't overwrite the same data, or get into race
conditions on the database?

Thanks in advance!

Chris