On 5/8/07, Josh Nathanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Calling test.cfm outputs "FOO" with a black, one pixel border around it,
> > in
> > both Firefox and IE7
>
> What happens if you put something dynamic in styletest.cfm, like
>
> ..foo {border:1px solid #mycolor#}
>
> when mycolor is defined somewhere previously?  I think that's what the OP
> is
> trying to do.

It works fine.

I can't find anything at w3.org that says <link> gets passed off to the
> webserver, and so will be processed by CF.

It's not a ws.org thing, it's basic HTTP - Browser GET's page, parses it,
finds <link>, GET's the CSS file, parses it.

The browser retrieves both files with the exact same mechanism, just in a
different context. The web server, upon receiving the GET request (of which
it knows nothing about the browser context), passes the .cfm file to CF,
which parses it and passes it to the browser as plain text.

The browser has no idea CF is involved - it just cares about the final
result. The webserver doesn't care about the context of the GET request, it
processes them all by the the same rules.

-- Josh