I still don't understand what your problem is with checking out the code
with the .svn directories.  Maybe if you do deployments twice a year, it
makes sense to have a release cycle and do it manually with beyond compare
or have some automatic ant script that exports the whole thing.

We do deployments on the average 10 times a day. The changes are mostly very
small fixes.  It just doesn't make sense for me to do all this manually with
something like beyond compare.

Russ