>1) The Primary Key is not set to auto number, how can I set this? Should I
>be using something in place of TEXT(40) I tried using AutoNumber but that
>returned errors.

CREATE Table #userid#
(
ID             COUNTER CONSTRAINT ID PRIMARY KEY,
userid         TEXT(40) NOT NULL,
category       TEXT(10) NOT NULL,
quant          TEXT(10) NOT NULL,
startprice     TEXT(10) NOT NULL,
duration       TEXT(2)  NOT NULL,
auction_id     TEXT(25) NOT NULL,
title          TEXT(45) NOT NULL,
auction_date   DATE     NOT NULL,
ebaybidarea    MEMO NOT NULL
);

>2) I can't get the auction_date field to work.  If I add the DEFAULT Date()
>to the SQL statement I get errors.
I looked long and hard some time ago ... came to the conclusion that
it can't be done through slq ... maybe through CFX using DAO ...
I might have even started one but know I never successfully finished it.

Joe Hoffman mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
National Institutes of Health
Center for Information Technology
Division of Computer System Services