>If you are going to have the general public uploading files, I'd
>suggest not allowing as many as 10 images per page - you are likely to
>get timeout problems.  I'd suggest only 5 or even as few as 3 images
>per page.
>
>What I've found on my pages is that if users just take the picture off
>their digital camera, it can be as big as 3mb or 4mb and if you're
>uploading 10 of those you'll have 30mb-40mb being uploaded. that'll
>take too long and either the pages will timeout or the users will
>think nothing's happening and hit reload or go elsewhere.
>
>On the other hand if the users are interntal users in an organisation,
>so you can have a bit more control over what they do, you might get
>away with 10 images on the page.
>
>Cheers
>Mike Kear
>Windsor, NSW, Australia
>Adobe Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
>AFP Webworks
>http://afpwebworks.com
>ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month

Thanks for the reply
Yes very goo dpoint. I will limit the file size and I will limit the numer to 3
upload. Can you help me fidn out a way that I can upload 3 images through one
form and insert the path/name of the images to the database for the specific
animal name? As I said each form has a text field that the user inserets tha
name and then 3 browse fields that the user can upload the images. I want
rename the images on a way that they have a part of the animal name (that comes
from the textfield) and insert them into the database for the specific animal.
Thanks
Ali