From: Tom Chiverton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 10:32 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Scorpio

On Friday 11 May 2007, Robertson-Ravo, Neil (RX) wrote:
> How is a client side cookie secure? Isn't that rife for abuse etc?

Our app, for instance, runs over SSL, and the cookie expires when the
browser is closed.
We also tie it to whatever IP the user appears to be coming from for
extra robustness. In theory some broken ISPs (like AOL) will have
problems with this beecause the same cookie will now appear to come from
multiple IPs, but in practice that doesn't seem to happen (any more ?).

--
Tom Chiverton
Helping to elementarily establish strategic portals

This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.

Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England
and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered office
address is at St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2 2JF.  A list
of members is available for inspection at the registered office. Any
reference to a partner in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of
Halliwells LLP. Regulated by the Law Society.

CONFIDENTIALITY

This email is intended only for the use of the addressee named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee
you must not read it and must not use any information contained in nor
copy it nor inform any person other than Halliwells LLP or the addressee
of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email in error
please delete it and notify Halliwells LLP IT Department on 0870 365
8008.

For more information about Halliwells LLP visit www.halliwells.com.