> Does anyone know a way to use CFLOCK so it works in both CF
> 4.0.1 and 4.5.1?
>
> I have an application written using the older CFLOCK parameter
> of "NAME", rather than the new ones of "SCOPE" and "TYPE". I
> know Allaire has a wizard to convert CFLOCKs to the new
> parameters, but my problem is I need to be able to run the
> same code on BOTH 4.0.1 and 4.5.1. The 4.5.1 server has
> "full checking on" for security reasons (beyond my control),
> so if I include both the old and new parameters with each
> CFLOCK, it throws an error.
>
> Someone tell me there's a way around this!

If you need backwards compatibility, don't use the new SCOPE attribute; use
the NAME attribute instead. That's all you have to do. If you're working
with only 4.5.1 servers, you'd be better off using the SCOPE attribute, but
since you're not, you'll have to stick with NAME.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444