Hello,

I'm having a difficult time getting GoDaddy to talk to my coldfusion query.
I'm getting errors about not having permission (aside: I used to have errors
about not being able to find the database, but I now have the correct DSN name
in place, so the errors are now about permission)  Here is the error statement:

   The following is the internal exception message: access denied
  (coldfusion.sql.DataSourcePermission mysqlcf_actual_db_name)

This line failed:

<cfquery name="alluserinfo" datasource="mysqlcf_actual_db_name">
        SELECT userid, username, emailaddress FROM users
</cfquery>

And this second attempt failed:

<cfquery name="alluserinfo" datasource="mysqlcf_actual_db_name" dbtype="ODBC"
username="actual_username_for_this_db" password="actual_password_for_this_db">
        SELECT userid, username, emailaddress FROM users
</cfquery>

Yes, there is a user name and password associated with this DB, godaddy forces
me to assign them.  Does anyone know the correct query line to connect with
GoDaddy?  Do I have to put them in plain text in my .cfm file?

I read the thread that was posted a year ago and don't understand what the
solution to that old situation was.  Besides, it looks like GoDaddy has changed
the UI for requesting a DSN since then.  I'd be grateful for the help.  My
partner would very much like to stay at godaddy for this project so I need to
find an answer.

p.s. If you strongly recommend another hosting company that would actually let
me have CF Admin control panel privileges for an affordable cost, please let me
know too.

Thank you!!  ..Jill