It will run, but no matter how overbuilt your server is, you'll get
better reliability from two separate servers.

For years I ran a setup like you are describing... big dual-processor
behemoth with uber-SCSI drives and gobs of memory.  The theory was to
overbuild the single box and use all that extra capacity to run
multiple apps off the same box (in my case that was CF/IIS, mySQL and
SmarterMail/ASSP).

When I eventually outgrew that, I went to two behemoths and put CF/IIS
alone to itself, moving db and mail/antispam to its own box.

Reliability went WAY up.

Later, I decided to go with a lower-cost approach:  A mid-grade build
for web/CF (dual Xeon, 2gb, 1 73gb SCSI drive), and a single cheapo
server for mySQL, another for mail, another for DNS/antispam and so
on.  I wound up spending less for *five* 'little' servers that each
did only one or two things ($480/month) than I did for Godzilla and
Megalon ($850/month for both) ... and reliability went from 'pretty
darn reliable' to 'rock solid forever and ever'.  I personally would
never go back to doubling and tripling up like that if I could help
it.  My server setup:

LARRY
   primary DNS
   statistics (smarterstats)
   backup for all the other servers (synchback, mySQL via sqlYog scheduled jobs)
CURLY
   CF-generated smtp (smartermail)
   antispam gateway for human-generated mail (ASSP)
MOE
   mySQL
SHEMP
   CF
   IIS
JOE
   Secondary DNS
   human smtp/pop mail server, web mail (smartermail)

If I need more capacity I'd replace one of the small boxes above with
a bigger one.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Janitor, The Robertson Team