AFAIK, Sorrenson only does Flash 7 FLV, which is pretty bad compression
compared to Flash 8's ON2 codec.

If you have a flash license, the flash encoder that comes with it is pretty
good.  If you don't have a flash license, you can use the free Riva encoder,
which also does Flash 7 FLV files (my guess would be similar quality as
Sorenson).

There is also a way to do Flash 8 conversion using the same tools that Riva
uses (ffmpeg), and also allowing you to do it from a command line (so you
can script it).  It is a bit hacky though and requires the use of an On2
codec that is no longer available from their site.

Russ