You can dump out the scope to get a relative idea of its content. If a
component is stored in a scope, you need to also take into account inheritance
as well as it's internally stored variables as well as method overhead. All
this will get you a relative idea of size. I do this with clients to find out
if they've gone crazy with their sessions.
A HUGE session stored per user for a long time can cause a memory spike if the
site is heavily hit by bots and there is no adjustment for the bot hits.