This is a two part plee for help.
1)
We are trying to develop a data entry site for an event that my school
is fixing to host. Currently, we are trying to make a dynamic drop-down
list that will populate with schools once a state is selected. For the
time being we have the all of the States in one table and all of the
schools in another table on an oracle server. The table that contains
the Schools also contain the schools' name, state and city. Basically I
want to be able to select a state from a drop-down list and have the
schools' names populate another drop down list.

2)
Currently we have a function on the site that would allow a person to
enter their data then if they wanted, go back and change it. The problem
is, the URL shows the record number (EX. "Edit.cfm?ID=10488") I want
that to either be a random variable or just hidden; so it would look
like "Edit.cfm" or "Edit.cfm?ID=145289689a5555699866548".

I would appreciate any help that can be provided,
Thanks.

--
Robert Nunez II
IS Technical Services Student Assistant