Put them in the request scope, in the onRequestStart() method.

The onApplicationStart() method will work as long as the application
is starting. This isn't the only place you can put things in the
application scope though. In onRequestStart() you can add the queries
to the application scope based on the existence of a URL variable, for
example (e.g. URL.reinit as used in BlogCFC and other apps).

--
mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/