> hey guys i have a little window with a link on it opened up a popup
> window and gave it a name.  the new window also has frames in it.  I
> would like to manipulate the forms in that frame, like giving it
> certain values and stuff, by calling it from the little window.  how
> do I do that?  so far i am calling it as window.NEWWINDOWNAME.
> FRAMENAME.document.formname.inputformname.value  but it gives me an
> object undefined error.  help please!

This is a CF Forum, not a JS forum, but here goes.

When you launch the window, you must keep the launched window in a local var.
Once you do that, you can access its frameset, etc... Below is an example of
what I mean.

<script type="text/javascript">
        var newWin;

        function openTheWindow() {
                newWin = window.open("launched.html","newWindowName");
        }

        function accessWindow() {
                alert(newWin.window.frames);
        }