Thanks

So you think I need to install mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar

In both CF folder and JRun folder?

Thanks

From: AJ Mercer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 30 May 2007 8:49 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CF Server connecting to MySQL v5

These are the instruction I found and followed

1) Download the MySQL Connector J JDBC driver from http://dev.mysql
...com/downloads/connector/j/
2) Make the JDBC driver available to CFMX through the classpath by saving
mysql-connector-java-3.0-bin.jar in either $CFMX_HOME/runtime/servers/lib/
for CFMX Server Configuration or $JRUN_HOME/servers/lib/ for CFMX on JRun
Configuration. This makes the driver available to all JRun server instances.

3)Restart CFMX server.

and looks like this
C:\JRun4\servers\lib\mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar (multi server
install)

obviously the connector is new than what was in the notes

Hope this helps