After reading this thread I tried out Google Reader and concluded that
it is much better than my.yahoo.com, so I made the switch.

Lifehacker.com has some nice info on Google Reader, including a video
that demonstrates some of the shortcut keys.
http://lifehacker.com/software/google-reader/hack-attack-getting-good-with-google-reader-233712.php

-Mike Chabot