wsconfig is for adding the necessary web server configuration changes to
pass processing of CFM files to a process running on the same server.
You aren't going to be able to do that.

What you'll have to do is use a proxy.  This will make all calls to e.g.
http://mysiteonserver1.com/ pass through to http://mysiteonserver2.com/.

Alternatively you might try configuring the apache server as a
load-balancer to serve up pages from the CF server.

A few other questions:

* Can you upgrade the Apache server to v2.2?

* Can you install Apache on the CF server?

Here's some info to help:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_proxy.html

Damien McKenna
Web Developer