>There are custom tags cleanMSText or demoronize that may aid you in
>automating their removal. I have found cleanMSText works better than
>demoronize, but I cant seem to find it right now.

I believe both of those work by using Replace to find and replace the
problematic character codes with a character or characters that'll display
normally.  A Google search for either name should bring those tools to light.

I too have a database with text content containing those pesky squares (Oracle,
not MySQL).  I've tried to clean them up using similar replace statements, but
no luck:  once those characters are saved to the database, then seem to be
untouchable by those techniques.

But like I said, I'm using Oracle, and the data fields in question are CLOB
data type fields, so maybe it'll be different with MySQL.

--Brian