I recently found out that I need to allow users to upload files from their
browsers to another, non-coldfusionized server.  I am assuming that cfftp is
the solution for this.

My question is this: is it possible to use cfftp to transfer files directly
from the client browser to the ftp server, or does the file need to be uploaded
to the CF server first, and then transfered via cfftp?

The docs say the following:  "Use cfftp to move files between a ColdFusion
server and an FTP server."

I assume this means that I will have to write any files to the coldfusion-based
server first, but I just wanted to make sure this is the best way to go about
this.

What I am thinking is:

1. Use cffile to write the file to coldfusion-based server
2. Open ftp connection and transfer file
3. Close ftp connection
4. Use cffile to delete recently transferred file.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Joel