Congrats on the first step to bad development recovery :-)

I have been using subversion for about 4 years now and haven't found
anything for DW yet... though it looks like some people have some ideas.

My take is that if you are using windows that you will need to install
TortoiseSVN regardless. It is one of the better shell integrated clients out
there. It has been under development for many years and  most of the bugs
seems to be worked out of it. It makes the tag/branch/merge processes very
manageable. Most of your integrated clients just don't seem to be as robust
as you will find you will need. Most can do it but for some reason I don't
trust them as much as I do TortoiseSVN.

I also use Eclipse with CFeclipse and subclipse. This allows quick access to
the update and commit command and also shows you what branch you are on,
what has been updated via icons etc.

So since there is not really anything for DW it is not the end of the world
since you can just drop down to explorer and do stuff with TortoiseSVN. If
you want to move to eclipse there are tools for it that help get the job
done.

J.J.