A friend of mine and I have built one for a client of ours, but it
doesn't handle things the way we'd really like it to. It's never a very
big priority to our client (well, not enough for them to give us the
time to fix it), and yet they're coming up with new needs for
permissions everyday (or so it seems).

So, yeah, I'd be interested in seeing a robust permissions system, and I
wouldn't mind helping out on the project either. Perhaps it should be
entered as an open source project on riaforge.org.

Now having said that, I'm a bit cramped for time this week, but I'd
still like to contribute to a project like this. Contact me off list if
you want to discuss further collaboration.

Cheers,
Chris