I did the same thing.  SQL2005's jobs are much nicer than 2000's.  Several of
my most-important jobs are just SQL statements that were pasted into a job step.

I also miss DTS, but the other day I was pretty much forced into using Visual
Studio on our SQL Server to do a project that now saves us many hours a week.

We just converted to a new student/business system at our university.  Each
morning, data is exported into a SQL database for further use.  I created some
jobs to refresh data (names, birthdates, etc) in our Blackboard database as
well as load and refresh our ID card database.

The best project was to let SQL Server create our domain accounts.  I'm not a
.NET guy, but I was surprised how easy it was for SQL Server to create our
domain accounts, add them to a group and setup their Exchange mailboxes.  (I
had been doing this for years, manually, using a ColdFusion form and a VB6 COM
object.)

It's a pretty slick operation.  It's simple and not ground-breaking, however,
it will save us hours of manual entry, each week, and greatly cuts down the
amount of data entry errors.

Oh, and I think SQL 2005's Ent Mgr is much nicer than 2000.  MUCH nicer.

M!ke

  _____