In Exchange 5.5, go to site/configuration/protocols and click properties on
LDAP.  It will tell you how to connect, ports, etc.  Of course it will let
you specify your login mechanisms.  Exchange will also let you override in a
per-server basis if that server supports LDAP and how.  Use
Site/configuration/servers/servername/protocols and there is LDAP waiting
for you.

You can select from clear text, clear text with SSL, NT Challenge/Response,
NT Challenge/Response with SSL and others.  If you have only test data in
your server, try setting clear text for your development phase.  I'll make
your life waaaaaaaay simpler.

Something I overlooked is that I have my Exchange in my Win2K Active
Directory primary server.  They both provided LDAP and it all came to work
when I moved the Exchange port different of 389.  I was in fact dealing with
Active Directory instead of Exchange!

<Jaime/>