Charles,

If you only know minimal JS, you should really consider getting a good
book on it and picking it up before diving into an Ajax library. While
most Ajax libs abstract JS to some extent, eventually, you're going to
have to dig into it to actually build something.

If you just want a straight Ajax library, then I would suggest AjaxCFC
or JSMX. If you want more in terms of widgets, then mxAjax has that.

I use jQuery which is one of the more popular JS libs, because of its
ease of syntax, community and wealth of widgets. I've turned on a number
of CF folks to it and they've been very happy with it.

Adobe Spry is also a nice alternative and includes some very nice data
binding capabilities.

Rey...