I don't know that there is a top dog on that team. It seems like they
run each shop in friendly competition, all sharing the same
information and experts.

But when the last lap is going on, its every man for himself. There
isnt a "Let Lance win the stage" preference for one driver over
another.

What I do wonder is: will Gordon have a financial ownership stake in
Dale's car, like he does in Johnson's (but not his own).