If you have a laptop that you use for both home and work? Then why not set
it up on your lap top to begin with, if you are in a team enviornment then I
sugest you all move that way and then use SVN to store the stable build /
release of your website application. If you have one DB then it is not hard
to back up the data to your laptop and restore to your laptop DB or if you
have the ability to do it to a DB on a server at home.

Either way, it sounds like you need to look further into your development
process.