> I disagree a little on that. Since if you store the password
> in the CF admin, every application on the server can access
> the datasource with the necessary rights. Whereas when you
> use username and password inside cfquery, at least the
> different web applications can not access all datasources
> except if the proper username and password is used. And here
> also lie the benefits of the attributecollection attribute in
> CF8 and Railo 2 that allow you to define general username and
> password for i.e. cfquery tags.

If all the applications on the machine belong to the same
organization/person/whatever, it doesn't matter. If the username and
password are embedded within your code, they can likely easily be retrieved
from that code.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net