Steve,

Didn't see the original post on this thread, so I don't know if this is
totally applicable, but I think you and I may have talked before on this PDF
issue concerning printing to PDF on a server.  At that time I said I kept
getting the go ahead from Adobe and you were surprised.  I followed up an
additional time and explained the situation in detail to the person I spoke
to and got a detailed reply from them.  The issue they have with Adobe on a
server is if your users are actively using the product themselves - i.e.,
controlling an instance of Adobe Acrobat to create editable documents and
editing them using your copy of Acrobat.  If all you are doing is printing
to PDF a document you have created for your customer using Adobe Acrobat,
and then distributing the PDF to the customer, there is nothing wrong with
that.  To edit the document, your customer must own their own copy of Adobe
Acrobat.  You have a single machine, single license - you are in compliance.
All you are doing is automating a process that could be performed by a
human.

I would assume that MS Word would be similar, but it depends on what you are
doing.  If you have a site that allows a user to write a resume and they can
then send that resume in Word format to an employer, that would probably
violate your license agreement as your end user is 'using' your copy of
Word.  If instead they typed in their resume and you send them a .doc file,
then YOU are using Word to create a document for them.  They then need their
own copy of Word to work with that file.

Again, I don't know if the same logic applies to Word, but on Acrobat I'm
pretty comfortable using it to print to PDF on the server.

Dan