> I tactually had a logout button in place and working for a
> while, but I figure nobody will actually use it...
>
> "A logout button... why would I use that? I'll just close the
> window and save myself the hassle."

Maybe you could use the JavaScript onUnload event to capture logout
information?

> I also thought about updating a timestamp every time they do
> something. I have a function that they call once every minute
> so I could do an update there, but I don't see a way to have
> CF constantly monitor the db checking for outdated timestamps.

Maybe you could store this as part of your session data, instead of (or in
addition to) the database.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net