I am working towards beefing up our current environment, and wondered
if I could get some opinions on server failover and using multiple
instances.
So I have:
Production Site
Training Site, duplication of the production site which is used by our
training department
Testing Site

In addition we want to have high availability on the production
site....we don't need load balancing, mainly just failover.

I'm thinking of getting two copies of Enterprise, setting one up as
the production server, and the other as a failover/training/testing
server, with each of those in separate instances, and putting the
production and failover instances in a cluster.  If I put them in a
cluster, does that mean they are going to share the load 50/50, or can
I make one of them still take the brunt of the traffic unless there is
a failure?  Is there a better way to do it?