I can tell you what we have done when faced with a similar problem, maybe it
will help you out.  We create a table that holds the question, client id,
and field type (select, numeric, text, etc.).  There is another table that
will store the values if a field is select type, we call this the lookup
table. We store the answers to the questions in four seperate tables (text,
varchar, int, and datetime) with a questionid, the person's id that is
filling out the form, and the answer.  Each of those tables stores the
answer determined by the type of field that is being rendered.  Our system
is actually quite a bit more complex that what I have described here, but
these are the basics of what we do.  Hope it helps.