Josh,
I agree that thats why it usually happens. This happend before the google
docs post went up. To check this issue I made the right menu 100px instead
of the 210px it is now and I still had the problem.

Also with the navigation I found something out. If I change the li a below
and take away the display:block it looks fine in IE but then the hover
doesnt work on the whole line item

..nav li a {
    font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size:12px;
    color: #666666;
    text-decoration: none;
    padding:2px 10px 2px 0px;