yep, though I've had the same problem with "compressed folders" on
WinXP.  For some reason their zip utility is crappy.

As for Vista, I didn't like it much either.  I uninstalled it 24 short
hours after installing it.  My feeling is that it really shouldn't be
touted as an upgrade since upgrades are usually more backward
compatible than it was.  It really is more like a "new" operating
system.  It's got all new quirks, lots of incompatibilities, new ways
of addressing hardware, etc.