It just worked for me - I've got a shit-ton of keys (something like 20 all
together) for various versions of XP- but most are only good for two
activations in the first place - are you sure that you have valid keys?  I
did use up all my "regular" XP keys at one point and just started installing
Media Center and not using the media features.

Like most I'm very happy with Vista but I still have two older machines that
won't really grok it (an older laptop and my 800 MHz "garage" computer).

Jim Davis