I have 3-4 pages that handle some processes of adding data to the db.
I need to be able to keep track of a referring page, so once the user is
finished with this process, they'll be routed back to their starting point.

At first, I started creating URL variables, passing them from one page to
another, I guess liek a football. But it's a bit tedious and prone to mistakes,
as some of these pages have OTHER referring pages.

I'm thinking about creating a SESSIOn variable to handle it. The user clicks
the link to handle the processes, I set the session variable to the start page.
When the user is finished, I check to see if that session var exists. if it
does, send them back to the starting point.

Is there a better way to handle it?

Thanks,
Will